Friday, January 4, 2013

Ireland Bound

I leave for the United Kingdom on January 20th! I will be studying at Stranmillis University College in Belfast, Northern Ireland until June. This school is a teacher training branch of Queens University in Belfast. I am going to be taking three college courses and working with children in the local schools. When I am not in classes and studying, I plan to travel to various places in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, along with hopefully a trip to Scotland and England.

Through this blog I intend to give updates on my experience as a student and future teacher and as an American living in the Irish culture.

I have a room in the halls on campus at Stranmillis, my plane ticket taking me through Dallas and London to Belfast, and I have recieved my VISA, all thanks to the help of some very caring people at the University of the Ozarks. All that is left now is to pack, prepare a presentation for the students I will work with, and to get excited!

It has been a very long process working it all out, but I know it will be well worth it! Though I am going to study, I know that through experiencing the culture and making relationships I will learn more than any money could buy! The day is soon approaching when I will board the plane that will take me to the place where my dream comes true.

More to come!



For more information about the city I will be living in:
http://www.gotobelfast.com/

For more information about the University I will be studying at:
http://www.stran.ac.uk/

1 comment: